LINKING WITH TEG – Teastas Eorpach na Gaeilge
Coláiste na Rinne is delighted to offer new online courses for adults which reflect the TEG curriculum and materials, Teastas Eorpach na Gaeilge – European Certification of proficiency in the Irish Language. TEG offers Irish language learners a pathway to proficiency starting with the beginners level A1 and progressing over six levels to the expert level of C2. SOME Irish Language Learners choose to mark their improvement by undertaking TEG exams whilst others attend our classes for the joy of learning Irish in the company of others. Coláiste na Rinne courses cater for both types of learners.
For information regarding TEG exam dates and locations please click HERE
OUR LEARNER PROFILES
Coláiste na Rinne’s online courses listed below and the Coláiste’s summer immersion course (HERE ) are suitable for :
- learners new to the Irish language as well as those already on their learning journey
- learners who have a personal or a professional interest in improving their Irish
- parents / grandparents who want to help their children / grandchildren at school
- learners of any age who want to reignite a previous interest in the Irish language
- learners who live in Ireland and those from around the world
REMEMBER an interest in doing exams or gaining official certification is NOT a prerequisite for any of our courses / modules, but we do help those interested in TEG certification to achieve their goals.
Coláiste na Rinne offers Irish language classes in small group settings, for those who are:
- taking their FIRST STEPS on their learning journey – TEG A1
- making STEADY PROGRESS – TEG A2
- IMPROVERS including those who may be interested in taking the TEG B1 exam at some stage.
Learners who already have a very high degree of fluency and are committed to perfecting their knowledge are welcome to contact the Coláiste to discuss their specific requirements. Coláiste na Rinne also offers online programmes to support certain professional curricula such as for example, that undertaken by teachers in training.
GAUGING YOUR LEVEL
Gaelchultúr offers an online test HERE which can help learners estimate their level of proficiency, however, this test does focus primarily on knowledge of grammar as opposed to ability to converse, for that reason the score may understate learners’ capacity to converse competently. The test takes between 30 and 40 minutes to complete and can be used as a guide to proficiency only.
- Learners who score around 40% or more in the Gaelchultúr test are most likely to find the content and pace of the IMPROVERS class appropriate.
- Those scoring between 20% and 40% and / or those who like to learn at a more relaxed pace may find the STEADY PROGRESS class more suitable.
- Learners who are starting or are at the very early stages of learning are welcome in our FIRST STEPS class.
The next series of online classes, at three different levels, will take place over 8 consecutive weeks with each class lasting 90 minutes, dates include :
- Tuesday April 9th, 2019 at 7.00pm to 8.30pm (Irish Standard Time) and concludes Tuesday May 28th
- Saturday April 6th, 13th, 27th, May 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th and June 1st 2019 at 9.00am to 10.30am (Irish Standard Time). PLEASE NOTE NO CLASS ON BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND APRIL 20TH.
Classes will take place subject to demand. BOOK HERE
MOVING AHEAD FROM ON LINE TO ON CAMPUS
For those who wish to make consistent progress in their level of proficiency in speaking, reading and writing Irish during 2019, completing online classes, followed by attendance at a one or two week IMMERSION COURSE on campus in An Rinn, from August 10th to 17th or 10th to 24th, is an option.