A chance to explore the rich culture of Gaeltacht na nDéise, including music, song and dance
Excursions and visits will be arranged to several Irish-speaking locations to experience the language and culture in their natural environment. The tours also allow course participants to interact with the local Waterford Gaeltacht community.Book a Course
Sample of excursions include:
- Guided walks – An Coinigéar land spit, Helvick Head, historical town of Ardmore.
- Visit to local art gallery – Dánlann Joan Clancy
- Tour of crystal factory – Criostal na Rinne
- Seaweed baths- Sólás na Mara
- Famine Memorial Graveyard
- Helvick Head
- Local food producers – incl local Oyster Farm, Dungarvan Brewing Company, Barrons Bread.
- Sample of cultural events include traditional sean nós singing, dancing, music sessions and concerts.