1 week :18th - 25th Aug or 2 weeks : 11th - 25th Aug 2018
Dates & Fees
1 week € | 18 August – 25 August 2018
i) a single occupancy room basis €795
ii) single sharing twin room €695
2 weeks € | 11 August – 25 August 2018
i) a single occupancy room basis €1450
ii) single sharing twin room €1300
* Fulbright Gaeltacht Summer Award Scholarships available. Contact us for further information; firstname.lastname@example.org
Each course will include:
- Intensive instruction in spoken Irish each day (5 hours of classes).
- Special classes in traditional Irish sean nós singing and dancing.
- Introductory lectures on relevant topics including Irish History, Literature and Folklore.
- Cultural Activities
- Excursions and guided walks
- Accommodation, full board (all meals)
The courses are aligned with the Common European Framework for Languages, and will be offered at A1, A2, B1 and B2 level.
A1: Introductions, Home place, The House/accommodation, The Family, Hobbies, Feelings and Emotions, The Weather, The Workplace/University; Language Structure, the Verb System, Prepositional Pronouns, Personal Numbers.
A2: Personal details, Travel and Holidays, Home place, Work and Study, Communicating in the restaurant, Describing people, Making arrangements and plans, Shopping, Directions, Requesting a Favour; Prepositional Pronouns, Tenses and Moods, The Copula, Gender of Nouns, Adjectives, The Dative Case
B1 and B2: Introductions and Personal details, The Family, Travel and Holidays, Languages and Nationalities, Hobbies, Festivals, Food, Personalities, Feelings and Sickness, Current Affairs and Social Media; Writing Letters; E-mails; Possessive Adjectives, Numbers, Regular & Irregular Verbs, Gender of Nouns, Simple
Sample Excursions and Cultural Activities:
- Traditional sean nós singing, dancing, music sessions and concerts.
- Guided walks – An Coinigéar land spit, Helvick Head, historical town of Ardmore.
- Visit to local art gallery – Dánlann Joan Clancy
- Tour of crystal factory – Criostal na Rinne
- Seaweed baths- Sólás na Mara
- Famine Memorial Graveyard
- Helvick Head
- Local food producers – incl local Oyster Farm, Dungarvan Brewing Company, Barrons Bread.
Further information: email@example.com