The emphasis is on the spoken word
Scoil na Leanaí provides a comprehensive primary school education, recognised by the Department of Education. Classes are relatively small, ensuring the pupils receive individual attention. Children follow a regular study routine which fosters self-discipline and is an excellent foundation for later life.
- All subjects of the Primary Curriculum are taught
- Irish songs and music, tin whistle, drama and computer skills
- A Beginner’s Course in French
- Supervised Study and Reading Facilities
- Children are prepared for Confirmation
- School Books supplied but students bring their own Atlas, Dictionary and suitable reading books for leisure time
- The schools provides copy books
- School reports provided at Christmas and at the end of the Academic Year
- Extra Curricular Subjects: Violin, Irish Dancing
The school offers parents/guardians a secure and caring environment for their child. Teachers and ‘cinnirí’ (supervisors) continuously monitor and guide the children in an unobstrusive, supportive manner. We have one aim – to develop the moral, social and academic potential of each child.
The emphasis is on the spoken word and we encourage each child to use Irish at all times. Children learn to appreciate the language for what it is – a vibrant and living means of communication which is fun to use! By learning Irish in such a natural way, children are honing and extending skills that can be applied to other languages. French classes give a basic understanding of the language before entering second-level education.
Children have access to a wide range of supplementary reading material in both Irish and English and are encouraged to read for recreational and information purposes. The 25 acres provides children with wide variety of sporting facilities including tennis, basketball, playing pitches, pitch and putt, handball alley as well as many indoor recreational spaces for art, crafts, music, dancing, table tennis and much more.
Coláiste na Rinne / Scoil na Leanaí also has three nurses on its team, working in rotation, to look after your child’s health and well-being.