1st wk Aug 10 to 17 | 2nd wk Aug 17 to 24 | 2 wks Aug 10 to 24 / 2019
Gaeilge agus Cultúr na nDéise
Each course will include:
- Intensive instruction in spoken Irish each day (up to 5 hours of classes).
- Special classes in traditional Irish sean nós singing and dancing.
- Introductory lectures on relevant topics including Irish History, Literature and Folklore.
- Cultural Activities
- Excursions and guided walks
- Accommodation, full board (all meals)
The courses are aligned with Teastas Eorpach na Gaeilge – TEG, the Common European Framework for Languages, and will be offered at A1, A2, B1 and B2 level.
A1: Introductions, Home place, The House/accommodation, The Family, Hobbies, Feelings and Emotions, The Weather, The Workplace/University; Language Structure, the Verb System, Prepositional Pronouns, Personal Numbers.
A2: Personal details, Travel and Holidays, Home place, Work and Study, Communicating in the restaurant, Describing people, Making arrangements and plans, Shopping, Directions, Requesting a Favour; Prepositional Pronouns, Tenses and Moods, The Copula, Gender of Nouns, Adjectives, The Dative Case
B1 and B2: Introductions; Personal details, The Family, Travel and Holidays, Languages and Nationalities, Hobbies, Festivals, Food, Personalities, Feelings and Sickness, Current Affairs and Social Media; Writing Letters; E-mails; Possessive Adjectives, Numbers, Regular and Irregular Verbs, Gender of Nouns, Simple